Hydraulic Detachable Gooseneck Lowbed
For more than two decades, Trail King’s Advantage Plus! Hydraulic Detachable Gooseneck (HDG) trailer has been North America’s best-selling detachable lowboy…and for good reason. Engineered to make unhooking, loading/unloading, and hooking up again a simple one-person operation, the Advantage Plus! HDG has become the “go to” choice for construction professionals. The HDG’s dependable load-hauling strength, durability, and versatility can stand up to any challenge…even “tough to scale” loads.
The Trail King Advantage Plus! HDG…destined to be the best detachable lowboy you’ll ever own.
Adjustable Arched Gooseneck
The new arched design provides ample truck frame clearance, even at the lowest king pin height setting. The five-position
gooseneck door adjustment allows for a full 6″ range of king pin height settings. The notched setting control bar for the control handle takes the guesswork out of setting the gooseneck doors in the desired position.
The V-shaped guide directs the gooseneck into position during hook-up, making the coupling process a quick easy one-person
operation. The guide rim above the pin hole further prevents the main pin from uncoupling during transit.
When the gooseneck cylinder doors are closed in the transit position, a safety pin automatically locks the main pin in place so that it cannot jump out of the pin hole and accidentally disconnect the trailer.
I-beam style outriggers are mounted on the top and bottom flange and span the entire width of the side beam for optimum strength and support. Heavy-duty pullout front outriggers provide extra strength at the pivot point where the weight is concentrated during loading. Close-set outriggers at mid-deck prevent planks from tipping up when the load rolls over them.
Double-Hinged Ramp and Support Ledge
The 31” front loading ramps are doublehinged and reinforced with a support ledge for added strength. Because both hinges rest on the ledge, even heavy track-type equipment can be loaded without risk of “peeling off” the loading ramp.
Knuckle and Boom Troughs, 3rd Lift Axle
Lowered cross members are covered with 1⁄4″ MF80 steel for a knuckle trough in the rear deck area. Lowered cross members through the entire wheel area, including a lowered center section in the rear channel, are covered with 10-ga. steel. A third axle with lift is standard equipment on TK102HDG and TK110HDG models.
Sealed Electrical System
Rubber-mounted LED lights are standard, as well as a sealed “plug and play” electrical system. Rubber grommets protect the wiring wherever it runs through the frame. And should the operator forget to disconnect the lines before detaching the gooseneck from the bed, a replaceable jumper cable between the neck and the deck makes replacing a damaged line easy and convenient.
Trail King I-beams are constructed of one-piece web and flange material and welded on all four corners to seal and protect the seams from rust. The entire trailer is primed and painted with a two-component polyurethane primer and paint before decking and air, hydraulic, and electrical lines are installed, for complete protection from the elements — even in places you can’t see.
Adjustable Ride Height Control
Adjustable ride height control is standard on TK102HDG and TK110HDG models, with the controls conveniently located near the rear tail channel.
|TKHDG STANDARD EQUIPMENT||TK70HDG||TK102HDG||TK110HDG|
|Capacity (in 12′)||70,000 lbs.||102,000 lbs||110,000 lbs.|
|10′ 7″ gooseneck (16″ KP setting with 82″ swing clearance)||X||X||–|
|13′ 0″ gooseneck (16″ KP setting with 110″ swing clearance)||–||–||X|
|2nd king pin setting (40″ KP setting with 86″ swing clearance)||–||–||X|
|Deck length||24′ 0″||25′ 9″||25′ 9″|
|11⁄2″ oak decking (raised) (NET)||X||–||–|
|1 3⁄4″ apitong decking (raised) (NET)||–||X||X|
|25,000 lb. (5/8″ wall) axles||2||3||3|
|3rd axle air lift||–||X||X|
|Anti-lock brake system||X||–||–|
|Frame reinforced for single axle booster or flip axle||–||–||X|
STANDARD EQUIPMENT On All Models:
- 50″ loaded 5th wheel height
- Gooseneck arched for increased truck frame clearance
- 5-position gooseneck height adjustment +/- 3″
- Hydraulic self-lifting detachable gooseneck (has ability to lift above or below transport positions)
- Hydraulic gooseneck support arm
- Patented air-activated, self-locking pin on gooseneck (positive lock)
- Gooseneck does not require ground-bearing pads for lifting
- 31″ front loading ramps
- 102″ overall deck width
- 24″ loaded deck height
- 4-beam main frame construction
- 10″ I-beam cross members on 24″ centers (4″ stub crossmembers for 12″ centers in outer bays)
- 100,000 / 80,000 PSI yield strength steel construction • 0.5″ x 5″ outside top flanges
- Swing-out outriggers with planks
- Pullout HD outrigger at front, double swing-outs at center
- 14 D-rings (bent style) on deck, 2 (straight) on wheel area
- Knuckle trough at rear of deck (72″ long, covered w/ 0.25″ MF80 steel)
- Full depth boom trough in wheel area (covered w/10-ga. MF80 steel)
- Triangle cut-outs on deck and bolsters
- 16.5″ x 7″ air brakes w/ outboard drums
- 8.25 x 22.5 10-hole pilot mount steel disc wheels
- 255/70R 22.5 16PR radial tires (H)
- Oil seals, one-piece
- Air ride suspension w/ raising and lowering (raising/lowering optional on TK70HDG)
- Front bolsters
- LED lights (50 state legal)
- Mid-turn signal/clearance lights
- Tail lights, (3) per side (amber in center)
- Rubber-mounted sealed lights and sealed harness system
- Air, electrical, and hydraulics installed after paint
- Liquid-filled air gauge
- Flag holders, front of deck and rear of trailer
- Wide Load sign brackets
- Mud flaps
- Media-blasted prior to 2-part polyurethane primer and paint